Quality Connections is currently seeking
graphic designers and sales reps
to join our team.
Ready to work great hours on your own schedule while helping the small business scene in denver grow?
Every ad in our magazines is designed by independent graphic designers, working from their own equipment. Choose your own adventure every issue - you decide your workload. This position pays flat fees for each ad design or revise, and is a great spot for recent grads, freelancers and part-timers. Our designers work under the guidance of our art director and occasionally communicate directly with clients.
Original ads must be built in InDesign, with proofs delivered via PDF. All art must be packaged and delivered to Quality Connections at the close of each deadline.
- At least two years experience in print design and/or a portfolio that knocks our socks off.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign. Must have up-to-date Creative Suite software (CC), specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Must have a Gmail address and be familiar with Google Drive, Docs and Sheets.
- Familiarity with Dropbox.
- Great communication skills. Must be very responsive via email.
- Ability to take art direction and critique - this is basic commercial ad design, folks.
- Basic text editing and solid grammar skills.
- Ability to thoroughly follow instructions.
- Open schedule during deadline weeks. We publish five times a year, and the two weeks leading up to deadline are jam-packed!
- Solid understanding of typography and a good sense of balanced layout.
- A passion for color and an appreciation for quirky stock photography.
- Patience with clients who may not be tech-savvy. :)
- Email design experience. We heart MailChimp.
- Branding experience - many of our clients are also in need of logos and other basic collateral.
- Keynote design experience.
- Infographic design experience.
we've got design work ready and waiting for your magical hands!
- Send a charming email to Kristin (firstname.lastname@example.org) describing your favorite commercial brand and why you like their design sense along with a link to your digital portfolio. (PDF samples not accepted. Must have an online portfolio.)
- Be sure to name the 2018 Pantone color of the year somewhere in your email.
- If we dig your style, we'll ask for a few references that can speak to your timeliness and accountability.